- 2 15oz. cans of lentils
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 uncooked sausage links, sliced 1/2 thick discs
- 1 green peppers, sliced thin matchsticks
- 2/3 cup Belgian or pale ale
- 6 oz HerbNZest Curry Pumpkin Pesto
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbs freshly chopped parsley (optional)
Open cans of lentils and drain in a strainer.
Heat a large sauté pan or pot over medium heat, add olive oil and sear sausage discs on both sides, until they are slightly browned. Add in the peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
Then pour in the beer and 1/3 cup water and let the mixture sit over medium heat until it comes to a low simmer. Next, stir in the salt, HerbNZest Curry Pumpkin Pesto, and lentils. Top with parsley if desired. Serve in soup bowls with thick bread.
- Deboleena Dutta